Purchase Agreement - Home Dispensers
Limited Warranty Coverage. Vero Water Inc., a Delaware corporation (hereinafter “Vero”), warrants to the original purchaser (the “Vero Customer”) of a Vero Home Dispensers and Vero Home Filtration (hereinafter “Vero Product”) who purchased the appliance from Vero, a distributor, dealer, manufacturer’s representative or other seller who has been authorized by Vero (“Authorized Vero Dealer”) that the Vero Product, including any of its original accessories, is free of defects in material and workmanship, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. This Limited Warranty covers the cost of parts, except as set forth in this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty specifically excludes in-home repairs.
Limited Warranty Term. Vero Products come with a Ninety (90) Day or One (1) Year Limited Warranty - Any warranty claims for Vero Products used for household purposes must be in writing and received by Vero within ninety (90) days from the date of purchase. If the Vero Product was properly installed for use in a household by an Authorized Vero Installer and properly registered with Vero, this Limited Warranty will be extended for one (1) year from the date of purchase.
Warranty Service Request Verification. Vero reserves the right to require satisfactory verification of the purchase date and of the authorized installation of the Vero Product in question by an authorized installer before warranty service is performed.
Location Limitations. This Limited Warranty is only applicable, if the Vero Product was installed in the United States of America (“U.S.”) by an installer authorized by Vero (“Authorized Vero Installer”). No warranty is provided for Vero Product installed on board a marine vessel.
Repair Not Possible. If Vero determines that the warranted repair of any Vero Product is impossible, Vero may in its discretion determine to replace the product with a product of similar or equal features and functionality, or to pay a refund. If the Vero Product has been repaired or replaced, Vero will have no further obligation or liability under this Limited Warranty or otherwise. The total amount of the refund will in no event exceed the net purchase price of the Vero Product paid to Vero and specifically excludes any original shipping or installation costs incurred.
In the event that Vero’s Authorized Service Agent determines that it cannot service the Vero Product due to poor accessibility or unsafe working conditions, or that it cannot restore the Vero Product to safe and working conditions due to reasons beyond the scope of this Limited Warranty, the Vero Authorized Service Agent shall not be required to proceed with the covered repair until the owner has remedied the applicable hazard at its cost and to the satisfaction of the Vero Authorized Service Agent.
Limited Warranty Exclusions. This limited warranty does not cover:
- Any damage or defect to the Vero Product caused by, or resulting from,
- any repair, service, conversion or alteration to it or any of its parts and accessories which have been performed by any service center, repairman or other person or company not authorized by Vero;
- improper installation, improper operation, improper maintenance, improper storage, improper connection to electrical, power or water supply of the Vero Product or any of its parts or accessories;
- negligence, malfeasance, recklessness, accident, abuse, misuse, power interruptions, power surges, theft, vandalism, animal or insect infestation, rust, dust, corrosion, exposure to weather conditions, floods,
natural disaster, any act of nature or any other peril originating from outside the Vero Product or any force majeure.
- Any loss or damage resulting from any cause other than normal use and operation of the Vero Product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and the owner’s manual, or any utilization of the Vero
Product that is inconsistent with either its design or the way the manufacturer intended it to be used;
- Any damage to Vero products used in mobile or aeronautical purposes;
- Any damage to the Vero Product resulting from the use of non-genuine Vero parts or from components not contained with the housings of the Vero Product, such as electrical wiring, water or gas piping, hoses,
ductwork, drains and the like;
- Any damage or defect resulting from improper ventilation, reconfiguration or improper movement of the Vero Product, including any failure to place the Vero Product in an area that complies with the
manufacturer’s published space or environmental requirements;
- Vero Products installed in cabinetry and other types of built-in applications;
- Ordinary wear and tear;
- Any damage to, or loss or replacement of, any consumable items, such as water filter cartridges;
- Any damage to the Vero Product or its accessories caused by corrosive solvents, chemicals, or soils;
- Any discoloration, stain, scratch, dent or other cosmetic imperfection that does not affect the function or efficacy of the Vero Product;
- Any loss of profits or revenues, billable time or other income sources as a result of slowness, stoppage, downtime, malfunction or any other defect, or non-availability during maintenance or repair, or unavailability
of spare or replacement parts;
- Cleaning, preventive maintenance or customer education;
- Any Vero Product, the serial numbers of which were removed, altered or otherwise compromised; and
- Vero Products covered by third party “Extended Warranties” or other separate third-party warranty agreements or arrangements, which are sold separately by dealers, distributors or other third parties.
Exclusion of Other Warranties. ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE VERO PRODUCT SHALL BE LIMITED IN THEIR DURATION TO THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN,
INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of Liability For Special, Incidental, Consequential Or Punitive Damages. VERO SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER DIRECTLY OR BY WAY OF INDEMNITY, FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY LOSS, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR LOSS OF PROFIT, ANY CLAIM FOR ATTORNEYS’ OR OTHER PROFESSIONALS’ FEES AND EXPENSES, OR OTHER CONSEQUENCES OF ANY DEFECT IN MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP (INCLUDING LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT,
STRICT OR PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
Waiver. VERO CUSTOMER EXPRESSLY WAIVES ANY CLAIMS OF ANY KIND OR FOR ANY REASON AGAINST VERO WATER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND REPRESENTATIVES, FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES TO CUSTOMER’S OWN EQUIPMENT, FURNITURE, FIXTURES, FLOORING, WALLS, SUPPLIES, TABLEWARE, FLATWARE AND OTHER MACHINERY LOCATED IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO VERO PRODUCTS. VERO CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WATER CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO SURFACES WITH WHICH IT COMES IN CONTACT, AND THAT WATER LEAKS MAY OCCUR FROM VERO PRODUCTS. VERO CUSTOMER RESPONSIBLE FOR SELECTING THE LOCATION FOR PLACEMENT OF VERO PRODUCTS IN ORDER TO MINIMIZE POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE AS VERO SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES. VERO CUSTOMER EXPRESSLY WAIVES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST VERO RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF VERO PRODUCTS.
Dispute Resolution. If the Vero Customer is not satisfied with the warranty service, he, she or it must submit a claim in writing to Vero’s Dispute Settlement Representative at Vero Water, Inc., 1680 Michigan Ave PH7, Miami Beach, FL 33139. The written notice must include the model and serial number of the Vero Product, the Authorized Vero Dealer (or seller) from which the Vero Product was purchased, the Authorized Vero Service Provider who performed the initial installation and the warranty service, the purchase date, a detailed description of the problem and the address at which the Vero Customer can be reached. Vero is committed to review each such notice thoroughly and in a timely manner, and to respond to the Vero Customer in order to settle any such dispute. Any decision shall not be binding. The Vero Customer shall be free to initiate an action or proceeding; however, no such lawsuit may be initiated unless and until the dispute settlement procedures outlined in this Limited Warranty have been exhausted. Any
warranty claims shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and shall be subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. If Vero prevails, Vero shall be entitled to reimbursement of all costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, from the Vero Customer.
Special State Laws. This Limited Warranty gives the Vero Customer specific legal rights. In addition, the Vero Customer may have other rights, which may vary, from state to state.
Obtaining Warranty Service For Vero Products. If during the relevant warranty period the Vero Customer finds a Vero Product to be defective in material or workmanship and the failure is promptly and timely reported to Vero in accordance with this Limited Warranty, an authorized Vero service agent (“Authorized Vero Service Agent”) shall determine whether the Vero Product is defective. Vero reserves the right to charge for shipping or transportation costs as appropriate.
Note: No studies have been done by Vero Water Inc. on the water in the area of your stated use. Vero Water Inc. will not be responsible for issues arising do the quality of the water coming into the machine. Pay attention to any local water advisories in your area and abide by their notices.
For service under this Limited Warranty or for product information, please contact Vero Service by calling 877-727-8376.